Archives Access Policy, Summer 2021
- Archives staff will facilitate digitization and remote access to collections whenever it is possible.
- In-person research visits are limited to current Whitman students, faculty and staff, by appointment, between the hours of 9am-noon and 1-4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Researchers are encouraged to make an appointment at least three days in advance, with a required minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- All researchers must be approved to be on campus on the day of their visit.
- A virtual consultation with an Archivist is encouraged for students before in-person visits.
- Hand sanitizer may be used, but hands must be completely dry before handling archival materials or books.
- On the date of your appointment, go to the main floor of Penrose Library, and find the sign that says “Wait Here for Archives Appointment.” An Archives staff member will meet you and escort you to the Archives.
- Pencils, paper, phones, and computers are allowed in the Archives.
- Food, beverages, bags, pens and all other items must be stored while in the Archives.