Reserving space in the library
The library will be open to faculty, staff, and current students during the following hours, starting February 1st:
- Sunday: Noon - 10:00 pm
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Saturday: Noon - 7:00 pm
You will have to swipe to enter the building, and there is limited capacity, so you may have to wait to enter.
Only the main floor will be open, and you will not be able to browse the stacks. You can request books be pulled at the circulation desk, or continue to use porch pick-up to make requests in advance. Community members can use porch pick-up as well.
In order to access study space in the library, follow these steps:
1. Schedule a study time in one of the 6 zones (Allen room tables or armchairs, Ankeny-side window seating, Fitzpatrick Room, main floor center seating, computer workstation). Find a map of spaces here.
- Study times are scheduled in one hour blocks.
- You may schedule back-to-back blocks.
- Study spaces may be reserved up to 72 hours in advanced.
2. Swipe into the Library with your Whitman ID.
3. Go to your study space zone and find an open seat.
Clean your study area with the provided wipes before you begin to study and when you leave. If we find that students are consistently overstaying their allotted time or ignoring COVID protocols, we will regulate study space use more closely.