Welcome to Sherlock!
When Penrose Library switched to its new catalog system, Sherlock, on January 8, 2015, it was a momentous occasion for library staff here at Whitman, who have been working hard since last June to implement this change. But we’re not the only ones who are celebrating. Over the last two years, the 37 libraries in the Orbis Cascade Alliance (aka “Summit”) have all been moving to a shared catalog system. Whitman was the final piece in the puzzle, so all of the Summit libraries were excited about our switch! Now that all of the libraries are using the common system, we will be able to share information and collaborate more easily. For example, one great new feature is Summit item requesting within Sherlock.
We’re looking forward to introducing you to Sherlock in the Spring 2015 semester. There are lots of ways to learn more about Sherlock.
- Information is available in our FAQ.
- You can register for a Sherlock information session on Tuesday, February 3 at noon or Thursday, February 5 at 7 pm; please email Amy Blau (blauar) to register. (We're aware that more than one date has appeared for the noon information session; February 3 is the correct date.)
- You can use our “Ask us” feature in the Sherlock site to contact us (and send a screenshot!) if you have questions or difficulties while you are using the system.
- You can send an email with questions (or feedback) to [email protected]
- For informal questions or one-on-one assistance, email or speak with a reference librarian.